Nichols Bros. Cutlery Letterhead
Sometime in the early 1900's, early pioneers in Cutlery manufacturing, Walter E. and brother J.H. Nichols, operated out of our building. Their father had come from Sheffield England to work for the Russell Cutlery in the 1840's, then had started his own pocket knife factory in Bernardstron MA. W.E. and J.H. had worked for their father until the business dissolved 1880's, and the brothers then moved to Greenfield and started under their own name. In addition to Cutlery, later on the company would evolve in to the American Tap & Die Company making industrial cutting tools.. Note the letterhead advertises both types of products in 1906.